10.24.2008

Disconcerting Dream

Last night I dreamt I was pregnant. That's not so strange because (1) It happens. (2) I recently learned a dear friend has a bun in her oven. And (3) a fellow female lawyer and I joked just yesterday that we should show up to the office on Halloween dressed as pregnant Erin Brockoviches. Because we're of the unmarried variety, and that's a little confusing around here.

But, ok, the totally whack part of the dream is that I was pregnant with... (gulp) a cat. A CAT!! Not only was I pregnant with a cat, but I actually gave birth to the cat. And imagine that I was actually all concerned that it would come out deformed because I'd been on the pill during its development. Nevermind a deformity, crazy sleeping self, it's A CAT! I don't know if I knew it was a cat all along, or if I only discovered it post-birth, but either way I don't remember being too perplexed by its furry four-legged form. Maybe I was even relieved (less responsibility)? To make matters worse, I suffered a bout of postpartum depression. I'm not making this up.

No comments: