10.24.2008

Holy Mary Color Of -- !


When I first saw these on ffffound.com, I thought they must be photoshopped. Au contraire mes frères. Welcome to northern Netherlands during tulip season. Stunning.

The history of tulipomania is pretty fascinating, no matter how speculative it might be. I like the idea that at one fleeting period of time 12 acres of land were sold for just one very special tulip. In fact, I like the idea of using any found object for money (money might grow on trees yet!). During a childhood walk along the beach, my dad told me how Native Americans once used long and narrow sea shells for currency. I went on to amass quite the collection. Who knew when they might come back into fashion? Come to think, maybe sea shells would do some good for our current financial crisis.

c/o Daily Mail UK

No comments: