11.14.2008

Vintage Veneration II

I'd love to tappity tap tap a little letter out on this guy. While studying abroad in Scotland, my great aunt would send me letters up to three pages long, painstakingly typed single space on paper so thin it felt like parchment. I loved receiving them, listening to the crackle of the paper as I read, and noticing where she had gone back to make corrections. They were little pieces of art in and of themselves. As for me, it just might be one of those ideas that live better within the confines of my mind versus setting it free in the convenience-centric wild. At the rate I type (or mistype), I'd have to buy deletion tape in bulk. Wonder if Costco sells it these days. Maybe I'll wait until I'm an aunt to carry on the tradition.

photo c/o we heart it.

No comments: