7.15.2009

"And You Know When It's All Gone"

"... something carries on. And it's not morbid at all."

This ditty and video were circulating a lot last year, but I finally got around to buying "The Midnight Organ Fight" by Frightened Rabbit, and *maybe because I'd heard it before* this tune jumped right out at me. Am I the only one who thinks the lead vocals channel Adam Duritz a bit?

Then I got two songs further into the album and heard this one ("Keep Yourself Warm"). I got into it enough not to realize "it takes more than fucking someone to keep yourself warm" and "you won't find love in a hole" were blaring out of my office and trickling down the hallway. Someone actually peered in quizzically and jarred me from my reverie. But, really, who can't appreciate those line? GTA, not included.

No comments: