11.06.2009

I Second That

“Procrastinating is very hard to distinguish from ruminating.”

He's talking songwriting, sure, but this makes me feel a lot better about myself.

I often get down on myself for procrastinating, chiding myself for laziness, calling myself a do-nothing, but then I'll have an intense burst of creativity seemingly out of nowhere. Procrastinating is very hard to distinguish from ruminating. I'd like to just call them synonymous and be done with it, but unfortunately the world works on deadlines and people want their favorite artists to make new stuff NOW!

I'm slow, I think about stuff a long time before I lift a finger, and I rewrite stuff that other people might consider finished. It looks like I'm avoiding work, and I joke about it, but I'm working.

via the lead singer of The Long Winters via maximumfun via aswoba

No comments: